Now Hiring: Administrative Assistant (part-time)
Title: Administrative Assistant (part-time)
Status: Non-exempt, paid hourly
Hours: Monday, Wednesday & Friday: 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
Reports To: Township Administrator
Location: Northfield Township Government Office, 2550 Waukegan Road, Suite 100, Glenview, IL 60025
The administrative assistant provides support to Township staff including the Township Supervisor and Administrator and also assists residents visiting Northfield Township. The ideal candidate would possess strong interpersonal skills, outstanding customer service, and the ability to relate and connect with others effectively and perform general administrative duties in a team environment while focusing on providing exceptional service to all Township residents.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
General Office Duties:
● Provide telephone and in-person support for all Township services and referrals to other agencies as needed
● Provide administrative support, including supply ordering and record management for the Township’s Dial-A-Ride program, Disability Parking Placards and Passports
● Record and acknowledge food pantry donations
● Process and record payments to the Township’s Sanitary Sewer system and support the Accounting Department with the annual billing process
● Work with the Assistance Department with CEDA applications and client appointments
● Provide Illinois Notary services
● Provide Voter registration services
● Oversee bulk mailings and coordinate drop off at the post office
● Cross train in all areas, provide training to others as needed
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
● Ability to converse knowledgeably and communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
● Provide outstanding customer service, in-person, over the phone and via email
● Ability to operate in a team setting with a positive and energetic attitude
● Possess general office skills, ability to establish and meet office production goals and effectively utilize time with minimal oversight
Education and/or Experience
● Associates degree and
● Three years of work experience in the customer service or general office administration
● Bachelor’s degree and
● Work experience in the fields of customer services or general office administration
Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Workspace and data entry
● Must be able to remain in a stationary position for a large percentage of the day
● Occasionally move about inside the office and food pantry to access file cabinets and office equipment
● Operate a computer and other office equipment, such as copy machine, postage machine and computer printer
● Occasionally move carts and 30-pound containers around various parts of the office or food pantry
Northfield Township is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Township Administrator Gayle Curcio at: firstname.lastname@example.org.